The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a part-time Utilization Review/MDS Nurse (RN) to join our team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
In this position, the primary focus will be to attain precertification/recertification for new and existing patient Medicare Part A Coverage.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE UTILIZATION REVIEW/MDS NURSE.
- Manage the utilization process by facilitating precertification/recertification for all new and current Medicare Part A patients including establishing relationships and communicating with patients, families, caseworkers, medical professionals and staff to establish necessity.
- Administer the Notice of Medicare Non-Coverage and Skilled Nursing Facility Advanced Beneficiary Notification in a timely manner and within Medicare Guidelines.
- Complete MDS assessments in accordance with State, Federal, MDS and facility guidelines.
- Create person-centered care plans for skilled rehab nursing patients and long-term care residents.
- Facilitate weekly care conference and serve as liaison between resident, family and interdisciplinary team.
- Compassion and understanding of the elderly.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Assume nursing floor duties, when necessary.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. This part-time position (primarily weekdays) offers a starting wage of $25.38 per hour with a wage increase after 6 months of employment. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, life insurance, and uniform allowance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR UTILIZATION REVIEW/MDS NURSE.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan, required.
- Previous utilization review experience, preferred.
- Possess knowledge of nursing and medical assessments specific to Medicare Part A, CMS Guidelines and care plans in accordance with the precertification/recertification and MDS process.
- Previous experience in skilled nursing, long-term care or other related medical facility, preferred.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers, residents and their families.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Learn more at ironcountymcf.com