The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks cheerful and energetic full-time, part-time and casual status Licensed Practical Nurses to join their dynamic team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to lead, a willingness to collaborate with other staff, and be in good mental and physical condition to organize, plan and direct nursing care in our well-established facility. The ideal candidate is patient, tactful, and enthusiastic in the handling of residents and their care.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to residents.
- Assist supervisors in care and management of the unit.
- Checks rooms routinely to ensure residents are being provided the care required and/or requested.
- Make observations and recommendations by making walking rounds of unit, chart pertinent patient information.
- Requisition supplies and equipment.
- Carry out instructions of supervisors & doctors (note physician orders, prepare/pass medications, monitor IVs, supervise/assist feeding of residents, etc.).
- Confer with shift supervisor; answer questions from CNAs.
- Answer questions from residents, family members, visitors and nursing service staff.
- Maintain unit and use of supplies/equipment.
- Participate in staff/resident teaching and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $19.38 per hour with years of experience increase at 6 months PLUS a $5,000 sign-on bonus (after one year of employment) for full-time and part-time LPNs. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, uniform allowance, shift differentials, and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts. Hours worked in excess of 8 consecutive hours are paid at time and one-half.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and residents.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com