The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks an IT Helpdesk Technician to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan. The IT Helpdesk Technician works under the supervision of the Technology Director to provide software, hardware and related computer component support and maintenance with the goal of optimal computer systems operation, including end-user support and education, if necessary. This position provides support and assistance with facility business phones, communication pagers and DVR/camera security systems as necessary and directed.
This position consists of a standard 40-hour work week with rare, occasional added hours during emergency and/or planned situations. Work hours are 8am – 4pm with possible “On Call” if circumstances warrant it.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE IT HELPDESK TECHNICIAN.
- Provide excellent first level support for technology work to ICMCF staff on computer & technical issues.
- Update computer workstation software as necessary.
- Follow-up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of repair tickets.
- Run computer cable drops and receptacles for additional computers, cameras, etc. following safe protocol and working with maintenance as needed.
- Assist with set-up of new workstations, as necessary, and within ICMCF protocol, software & settings.
- Format machines and re-install windows and software as needed.
- Clean ICMCF technology equipment on a regular schedule.
- Assist with server maintenance as necessary.
- Repair and troubleshoot printers and workstations working with vendors as necessary.
- Work with telephone company to maintain business phone systems.
- Become familiar with, follow & have clear knowledge of HIPAA & ICMCF Security guidelines/ policy.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $17.25 per hour with increases at 6 months and 1 year. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, and life insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR IT HELPDESK TECHNICIAN.
- 2-year Associates degree in Computer Science or related field with 1-year experience in a network business environment or 3 years’ experience managing or working actively in a business network environment.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Anti-Virus.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office programs and Office 365 proficiency.
- Must perform well under pressure and be resourceful in obtaining information/skills that support a fast paced often crucial IT environment.
- Must be able to carry out oral and written directions and work without supervision.
- Must be organized and particular to detail.
- Must have good people skills as a team player, willing to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other departments, co-workers, vendors and residents.
- Must be in good physical condition, not afraid of heights and able to lift, bend, stoop and work with awkward equipment and spaces related to the technology environment.
- Must be trustworthy and dependable when working with sensitive documentation and access.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com