The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a creative and energetic temporary Diversional Therapy Assistant to join their full-service team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an upbeat personality, an ability to take direction and be flexible to provide educational, entertaining, empowering, and supportive activities that support and promote the well-being and quality of life for our residents. This position requires a willingness to collaborate with other staff and be in good physical condition as you are subject to fast-paced walking, lifting, carrying boxes and climbing ladders.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIVERSIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT.
- Assist in planning and provide supervision of residents during activities, both group and one-to-one.
- Must understand and adhere to activity calendar to promote meaningful, educational, entertaining, empowering and supportive activities.
- Provide setup, organization and facilitation of group activities; organize/implement one-to-one activities.
- Understand & be aware of resident care plans; provide approaches as directed through the care plan.
- Monitor, evaluate and document resident progress through charting and progress notes.
- Prepare and submit reports, as needed.
- Participate on various committees, as necessary.
- Clean, maintain & organize the Diversional Dept, its storeroom, the bus & basement area on a regular basis.
- Perform animal, pet & bird maintenance as scheduled incl. supervision/cleaning of the bird aviary.
- Prepare for scheduled activities through organization and gathering of supplies, scheduling volunteers, notifying nursing and dietary as needed.
- Carry out decoration of designated room in facility to include creation of decorations, if necessary.
- Cooking and baking experience with the ability to follow a recipe.
- Ability to monitor and track petty cash.
- Possess an outgoing personality and willingness to sing and dance to motivate residents during activities that require such action.
- Order and arrange treats/foods from the kitchen for activities and special events.
- Assist w/resident room environment including upkeep of room decorations, radios, talking books, clocks & batteries for these devices and bulletin boards. Distribute nametags, bedside calendars & activity calendars.
COMPENSATION. This is a temporary position paying $13.84 per hour.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR DIVERSIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, desired.
- Ability to physically carry out the functions of this position which includes fast-paced walking, lifting, carrying boxes and climbing ladders.
- Ability to follow instructions and take initiative in delivering exceptional customer service to our residents with little to no supervision.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and reliability amongst peers and residents.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks, are creative in nature, well-organized and particular in detail.
- Possess basic computer skills (word processing, email, sign making, printing documents).
- Willingness to obtain a CPR certification.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.