The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks experienced part-time Dietary Aides to join their dynamic team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to take direction and work safely in a professional kitchen environment in the care of the residents of our well-established facility. This position requires a willingness to collaborate with other staff and be in good mental and physical condition as you will be standing and walking during work periods.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIETARY AIDE.
- Assist in preparing meals for residents by obtaining food and required supplies.
- Assist in ordering, checking, and storage of supplies.
- Follow meal instructions, recipes, and schedules accurately.
- Assist in loading food carts and washing dishes.
- Carry out instructions of supervisors.
- Participate in in-service programs, as required.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $13.89 per hour with increase after 6 months. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid vacation, life insurance, a uniform allowance, and shift differentials. Hours worked in excess of 8 consecutive hours are paid at time and one-half.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR DIETARY AIDE.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- 1-year previous experience working in quantity food preparation; experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and geriatric patients.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position which includes working in a kitchen environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and standing for extended periods of time.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com